January 30 – Psalm 51:10-21  

Posted by Jan Ross

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit."  (Psalm 51:10-12)

Humility. Repentance. Restoration. The three keys to a clean heart and a right spirit. They, in turn, open the door to the joys of salvation.

Most Christians don't have to battle daily with temptation to commit pre-meditated "major" sins. But, the everyday "little sins" of omission can literally drain every ounce of joy right out of us before we know what has happened!

Take the time to examine your life when you feel drained of your joy; ask the Lord to reveal any sins of omission or commission which need to be dealt with. Then, apply these three keys:

Humility because one has to be humble before one can truly repent!

Repentance because without repentance there can be no restoration!

Restoration because the Psalmist gave us the perfect example: "Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation . . ." When there is a lapse in our communion with the Lord due to sin, these steps need to be taken which lead to restoration of that broken relationship.

Make a habit of using these most precious keys! They have been given to you; they were bought for an unfathomable price and given to us to keep us pure and clean before a Holy God!

Father, I humble myself before You with a broken heart; I fall so short of Your glory in every area of my life. Lord, restore me through the cleansing Blood of Jesus, and grant once again unto me the joy of Your salvation. I thank you for Your promise and for Your provision! You have been so wonderful to me! In the precious name of Jesus. Amen!

"Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness; and let thy saints shout for joy." (Psalm 132:9)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 at Tuesday, January 29, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment