June 6 – Psalm 18:3  

Posted by Jan Ross

"I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies." (Psalm 18:3)

Every one of us has storms in our lives; each of us has to deal with those who pursue us in one way or another. Each of us interacts with people who do not understand us or try to judge us. We all have "enemies"!

David gives us some help dealing with those who come against us for whatever reason: PRAISE! He acknowledges his praise of the Lord whom he calls upon and THEN he shall be saved from his enemies!

This is NOT an attempt to put together a simple formula for having all your problems disappear, but it is a call to the body of Christ to praise Him who is worthy of ALL praise! Praise Him when you don't feel like it. Praise Him when everyone seems to be against you. Praise Him when it looks like you're on the losing side of the battle. Praise Him when it is the hardest to praise Him, when the words won't come and it's hard to make yourself do it. When the greatest resistance comes against you, press through and praise Him for victory is just around the corner, and "so shall you be saved from your enemies." Praise Him! He is worthy!

Father, I praise You for Who You are and for what You've done, not only in my life but in the lives of all those who rise up against me! Father, I'm learning, day by day, to give You more and more praise, even when I don't feel like it, even when it seems useless, even when the doors of heaven seem shut! Father, You are worthy of my praise. I will praise You in the morning, in the noonday, and in the evening time and so shall I be saved from my enemies! Praise the Lord! Amen!

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 15:57)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Thursday, June 5, 2008 at Thursday, June 05, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment