August 5 – Hebrews 11:6  

Posted by Jan Ross

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." (Hebrews 11:6)

The simplicity of faith has suddenly become the focus of my meditation ~ accepting God's Word at face value, believing it with my whole heart, and acting on it fully expecting Him to do the very thing He said He would do!

Simple faith understands that God cannot lie and He will ALWAYS do what He says He will do! Simple faith declares that the Word of God is not only alive and at work in our lives but it believes with expectancy and without doubt! Simple faith understands that God is not pleased with anything less than faith! Simple faith refuses to acknowledge doubt in God's ability to perform His Word! Simple faith simply believes!

I met a woman in Kenya who understood the simplicity of faith to an extent I never before had considered. She simply accepted God's Word at face value and totally expected it to work on her behalf. Her faith was not only "simple" but it was pure, unwavering, and lacking any element of doubt. If God said it, that settled it! Although this woman lived in conditions that would cause most of us to doubt her understanding of the abundant life we seem intent on chasing after, she glowed from the inside out as she walked in simple faith, trusting God because He said He would do certain things for her. This precious woman taught me much as I watched her life, as I saw her children, and as I saw the manifestation of what she believed as God performed His Word in her life time and time again.

All too often we complicate the Word of God by mixing it with our understanding and application, trying to figure out how it fits within the framework of our own ability to comprehend it. But I feel challenged to become like this precious Kenyan woman who walked in the simplicity of faith and saw the hand of God move in her life again and again and again.

If God promises He will do something, He will do it! If His Word states something as truth, it is truth! All He asks of us is to believe Him, without doubt and without question! And, when we do, nothing can stand in the way of receiving all that He says He will do because simple faith pleases God! Amen!

Father, forgive me for complicating the simplicity of faith! Lord, help me to simply believe You and to take Your Word at face value with a determined heart to believe without doubt. Father help me to discern the enemy's tricks as he complicates the simple and makes it into what appears to be an insurmountable mountain in our path. Teach me, Lord, to walk with simple faith, with an undivided heart, and with the kind of faith that pleases You. I want to see Your Word alive in my life like never before, Father, so that the benefits of simple faith at work in me will bring You glory as Your Word is confirmed. Oh Lord, help me to live by simple faith full of expectation and void of any doubt or unbelief. Be glorified, my precious Lord, and let Your glory be seen in the lives of those who dare to walk in simple faith! Amen and Amen!


"Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt I had to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints." (Jude 3)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Monday, August 4, 2008 at Monday, August 04, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment