September 24 – Psalm 118:19-20  

Posted by Jan Ross

"Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the LORD: This gate of the LORD, into which the righteous shall enter." (Psalm 118:19-20)

David is a wonderful example of God's mercy which was continually displayed throughout David's life. When he deserved judgment, mercy was granted; when he deserved punishment, mercy was applied. As a matter of fact, David was so assured of God's eternal mercy that he could boldly proclaim himself as numbered in the ranks of the righteous . . . his sins had been thoroughly purged and cleansed.

It is so easy to allow our past to keep us from the presence of the Lord. I can think of so many things that I've done in my life which by all rights should keep me from entering into His presence and worshipping at His feet. Guilt. Shame. Feelings of unworthiness. But, it's His mercy—His grace—His blood that makes us righteous in His eyes.

David's testimony of God's grace is our key to victory over the past, over things that hinder our worship. Would that we all could grasp His understanding of God's unfailing love and tender mercy!

My prayer is that we grow to more fully comprehend the thoroughness of God's mercy and walk in the freedom granted to us into His holy presence where we will find fullness of joy!

Dear Lord, Your mercy is all-encompassing and ever present in my life. Help me, Father, to comprehend the depths of your merciful love toward me so I can unashamedly enter Your gates with thanksgiving in my heart for all you have done for me. Help me to remember when my thoughts return back to my past that You were there in my past, You are here in my present, and You will be with me in the future. Help me remember You have accepted me and forgiven me . . . thoroughly; washed me clean and purified me through the shed blood of Jesus. Remind me, dear Lord, that my life (including my past, present and future) is not about me in any way . . . it's about You! In the precious, holy Name of Jesus I pray, Amen!


"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever." (Psalm 23:6)

__________
© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at Tuesday, September 23, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment