September 26 – John 15:13-14  

Posted by Jan Ross

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you."  (John 15:13-14 )

Friendship is something to be cherished and Jesus knew that quite well. While walking and talking with the people, one can hear Him saying:

When you are sad, I will dry your tears.
When you are scared, I will comfort your fears.
When you are worried, I will give you hope.
When you are confused, I will help you cope.
And when you are lost, And can't see the light.
I shall be your beacon, Shining ever so bright.
This is my oath I pledge till the end.
Why you may ask? Because you're my friend.
(Author Unknown)

What better example of a "friend" than the one Jesus set for us. He is a friend to us when we are unfriendly, when we are fearful, worried, confused, lost, and so much more.

All He requires for the status of "friend" is that we be obedient, a small price to pay for a GREAT reward—His "friendship."

It is interesting that many (if not most) people seek out friends in "high" places, people that have "positions" or "status". If we're honest with ourselves, we will have to admit that we've been guilty of this also, always looking to befriend the one in charge, the one with the power, or the one with the most popularity. It seems to fulfill a need deep within us. But, there is One who has more power, is totally in charge, and whom more people know or have known in the history of mankind . . . the Lord Jesus Christ!

Are you His friend? If not, you can meet Him today and establish a "friendship" born out of obedience to His Word. He longs to be your friend. We, in turn, should long to be His friend!

Father, I do long to be considered Your "Friend"! Help me, Lord, to be more obedient to You, to walk in Your ways, to heed Your call! Lord, when I think of what it means to be Your Friend, I am overwhelmed, again, of Your mercy toward me for without Your mercy, I could never enter into a "friendship" relationship with You. You are holy, righteous, and pure—I am reduced to nothing in Your sight except through the applied Blood of the Lamb! Thank you for the Blood which makes it possible for me to enter into Friendship Relationship with You! Hallelujah! Amen!

"And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God." (James 2:23)

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Friday, September 26, 2008 at Friday, September 26, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment