September 5 – Job 38:4-7  

Posted by Jan Ross

"Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?"  (Job 38:4-7)

How often do we take God for granted? How often do we get frustrated when He doesn't answer our prayers they way we think He should or when we think He should?

We so easily forget what an awesome God we serve. Indeed, where were we when He laid the foundations of the earth? Who can answer life's mysteries? We so easily become self-engrossed that we forget His plans were made before He laid the foundations of the earth or even measured out their span.

We were in His mind and a part of His purposes before the first Word of creation was spoken. His ways are higher than ours, His thoughts higher than our thoughts. We only need to trust in His ability to care for us, to lead us, to direct us. He will never, ever let us down if we just TRUST Him in every aspect of our lives. After all, He has known us and the circumstances of our lives throughout eternity.

There are no words to describe Him. The best we can do, the greatest words we can find don't even begin to proclaim His excellence. Awesome! Holy! Magnificent! Glorious! Righteous! Mighty! Omnipotent!

Oh Lord, how magnificent is Your name in all the earth! I confess that I lose sight of how magnificent You truly are; I become frustrated, impatient, and selfish, seeking my own will rather than desiring Your will be done not only in my life, but in the earth today. Help me trust You more; teach me to trust in Your ability to care for me, to guide me, and to lead me in Your paths. Help me to wait on You patiently, acknowledging You as my total source, my provider . . . my total care-giver. You truly are AWESOME, MAGNIFICENT, HOLY, GLORIOUS, RIGHTEOUS, MIGHTY, and OMNIPOTENT . . . and so much more! There is none like You! Amen!

"How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee." (Psalm 139:17-18)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Friday, September 5, 2008 at Friday, September 05, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Anonymous  

This reminds me of Ephesians 2:10, that we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God planned for us before the foundation of the earth for us to walk in them. He has just recently made this so real to me -- not to get caught up in my circumstances, but to trust, know and understand that He planned works for me personally, which is so hard to imagine But, I trust that He will direct my steps. Oh, how I love Him.

05 September, 2008

Post a Comment