April 17 – Psalm 143:6  

Posted by Jan Ross

"I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land. Selah." (Psalm 143:6)

If you have ever been through the desert, you have an idea of what a "thirsty land" looks like. The ground is parched, cracked, and its cries for water are nearly audible!

Our hearts are much like that desert ground, nearly audibly crying for the presence of the Lord. Without Him, the heart is parched, cracked, and dry and non-productive.

Today, in your devotional time, reach out to the Lord and allow your thirst for Him to grow in intensity as never before. The stronger the thirst, the more of Him it will take to quench that thirst. The more of Him you have, the less room there is for the world and its baggage.

Stretch forth your hands unto Him. Allow your thirst for Him to drive you closer day by day! Remember, "in His presence is fullness of joy" . . . evidence of a thirst that has been truly quenched.

Father, forgive me for not always thirsting after You as the desert ground thirsts for water. Lord, forgive me for allowing the world to entice me away from seeking you with my whole heart! Father, increase my thirst so that You will be glorified in my life as I learn to draw from you the only Water that will quench this dry and thirsty soul! Amen!

"Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw." (John 14:13-15)

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Friday, April 17, 2009 at Friday, April 17, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment