April 23 – 1 Peter 5:10-11  

Posted by Jan Ross

"But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen" (I Peter 5:10-11)

We were never promised a rose garden. Suffering is as much a part of the Christian's life as faith; it comes in different ways and it produces fruit in our lives.

When we think of "suffering" we immediately think of physical pain. Although that is one aspect of suffering – a very REAL aspect of suffering – it is not the only one. It also has to do with feelings, passions, impressions, pressures, and sensations. Suffering has everything to do with discomfort, disappointment, disillusionment. But even amidst all this, suffering can be our most cherished friend.

Enduring suffering will make you perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. A diamond is made only through intense pressure being applied for a very long time. But after the pressure is gone, a beautiful gem appears which is perfect and strong. In order to get to this point, however, the stone had to endure intense pressure . . . it had to allow the applied pressure to do its perfect work. Then it needs to be cut, polished, and handled with masterful perfection in order that its unequalled beauty can truly be appreciated.

Are you under pressure . . . are you suffering? Rejoice for what you are experiencing is the process of creating something beautiful in your life. Endure suffering and see the handiwork of God as He "presses" you into a beautiful gem, as He cuts and polishes and handles you with Masterful perfection. Allow Him the privilege of making you stablished, strengthened, and settled . . . reflecting the brilliant, magnificent glory of your Creator!

Father, I don't like to suffer . . . I don't want to suffer! Help me to endure the discomfort of suffering, help me to count it a privilege to be found worthy to suffer so my life may shine brightly as a beautifully polished gem. Father, have Your way in my life regardless of what path You choose for me to walk! I love You, Lord . . . there is no one like You . . . I trust you, Lord, to know what's best for me! Amen!

"Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it." (Matthew 16:24-25)

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at Wednesday, April 22, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment