April 29 – 1 Kings 18:21  

Posted by Jan Ross

"...How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him..." (1 Kings 18:21)

Whoever said there are no absolutes was sorely mistaken. Black or white! Right or wrong! Hot or cold! God or Baal!

How many times have you wanted to shake someone and tell them they have to make up their minds—either serve God wholeheartedly or don't bother trying.

God is merciful, God is love, God is full of compassion and grace. BUT, God is holy; He is a jealous God. He will not tolerate gray. He will not tolerate mediocrity. He will not tolerate lukewarmness. He will not tolerate half-heartedness in a relationship with Him.

God is drawing us to a level of relationship with Him like never before. It is one of singlemindedness . . . sold out, submitted and consecrated to Him. He is preparing His Bride for His soon appearing by strengthening the relationship . . . causing the yearning for Him to increase day by day as we anticipate His coming!

Before you shake someone else for being double-minded, check your own heart. Are you single-minded toward God or are you walking in the lukewarm, middle-of-the road state that breaks the heart of God? We all need to examine our hearts in response to the drawing of His Spirit.

Father, forgive me, Lord, for not always being single-minded toward You. Forgive me, Father, for trying to live as the world while I try to live a Christian life. I realize, Father, that I cannot continue to live like this . . . help me to make a choice to serve You with ALL my heart, mind, soul and strength regardless of the cost to me personally. Father, as I anxiously look for the day when You tell Your Son to come get His Bride, cleanse me and make me ready to be presented to Him as pure and spotless. Lord, may my consecrated and set-apart life be a praise to You bringing You glory. Amen!

"Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils." (1 Corinthians 10:21)

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at Tuesday, April 28, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment