May 11 – Psalm 86:12-13  

Posted by Jan Ross

"I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore. For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell." (Psalm 86:12-13)

All of us deserve the lowest hell. There is not one of us who would be able to escape eternal damnation without the mercy of our Lord applied to our lives.

Mercy. Unmerited favor. Unearned forgiveness. Undeserved love.

Where else could we go to receive such a priceless gift?

Our response to the mercy of God comes in many forms: praise, worship, obedience, sacrifice, humility, all of which glorify Him, edify Him and exalt Him.

Take a few moments today to reflect on the awesome benefits of His mercy toward you. Consider the depths of hell you deserved as compared with "[He] hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:6)

"For great is thy mercy toward me..."

Father, I am so undeserving of Your mercy toward me. I realize more today than ever before that all that I am and ever hope to be is a result of your unboundless love and undeserved mercy toward me. Thank you for loving me enough to make a way for me to escape the depths of hell I deserve . . . Thank you for the shed blood of Jesus which made a way where without it there would have been no way! Amen!

"O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever." (1 Chronicles 16:34)

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Sunday, May 10, 2009 at Sunday, May 10, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment