May 21 – Deuteronomy 31:6  

Posted by Jan Ross

"Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee." (Deuteronomy 31:6)

Fear is one of the strongest emotions to control. Fear comes in many forms. It causes nervousness, timidity, procrastination, intimidation, tears, laughter . . . and the list goes on and on. Fear can even cause physical problems AND physical problems can cause fear.

Fear is a tool in the enemy's hand, but we have the ability to stop it for if we didn't, the Lord would never have told us to "fear not."

God has given us the remedy for fear. "Be strong and of good courage." Keep your attitude right, your eyes fixed on Him rather than on the situation or circumstance that would bring you fear.

God promises never to leave us nor forsake us. What more assurance could we ask for? What better way to free us from fear? If we don't have to worry about Him turning His back on us, then what could possibly cause us to fear? If our God is for us and not against us, whom shall we fear?

Be bold. Be strong. Be of good courage. Be no afraid. God is with you today and every day. And, if circumstances should overwhelm you, don't allow fear to grip your heart. Just know that "He's an on-time God, yes He is!" Amen!

Father, thank you for the assurance that You will never leave me nor forsake me! It is in this realization that I find freedom from fear, for what can harm me as long as you are for me and not against me. Why You should ever love me, Lord, I'll never, never know, but I'm so glad You do, amen.

"But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour" (Isaiah 43:1-3)

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Thursday, May 21, 2009 at Thursday, May 21, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment