June 18 – Ruth 2:10  

Posted by Jan Ross

"Then she fell on her face, and bowed herself to the ground, and said unto him, Why have I found grace in thine eyes, that thou shouldest take knowledge of me, seeing I am a stranger?" (Ruth 2:10)

How many times have we asked the same question: "Why have I found grace in thine eyes?"

As we look into His holiness, we become so very aware of our unholiness. The closer we grow to Him the more we realize how far we are from what and who He wants us to be. His desire for us is to be "holy even as He is holy." Yet, we live in flesh that is corruptible, flesh that is as filthy rags in light of His righteousness and holiness. Isaiah summed it up well with his reaction to seeing the holiness of God. His words were, "Woe is me for I am undone . . ."

It is necessary for us to realize that we are absolutely nothing without Him for in Him and Him only do we live and move and have our being. Without Him we can do no good thing.

Keep pressing into Him as He continues to draw you closer into a relationship that grows more and more intimate as each day passes.

Why have you found grace in His eyes? He loves you more than you can ever know.

Father, I continually question why I have found grace in Your eyes, yet I somehow know that it's because of a love for me that I can't comprehend. All I know is that I am so thankful that You have blessed me with Your grace. I stand in awe of your unfathomable love, amen!

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:16)

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at Wednesday, June 17, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment