August 28 – Jeremiah 18:2  

Posted by Jan Ross

From the moment I was put into my parent's arms, they intended to make sure I grew to understand the importance of serving God. As an adult, my husband and I have remained actively involved in a local congregation regardless where we've lived, and we made sure our children were given the same opportunity I was as a child. Our goal was to teach them that serving God doesn't depend on anything except their personal heart response to the Holy Spirit at work in them—in all of us.

For several years we attended "The Potter's House," a powerful church in Columbus, Ohio. Across the front of the sanctuary were the words, "Where Broken Vessels Are Made New". The Word preached by Pastor Tim Oldfield is powerful, pure, and packed with Life-Giving truth that literally transforms the heart of those willing to respond with a submitted and committed heart.

Jeremiah 18:2 speaks of the potter's house: "Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause thee to hear my words."

The Master Potter works on each vessel individually to refine, to strengthen, to mend, to reshape and to prepare us to be the beautiful, useful, unique vessel He purposes us be.

It is His sovereign right to form our lives as He pleases. "As the clay is in the potter's hand, so are you in my hand." How often do we have a preconceived opinion of the course our lives will take only to have the Master Potter change everything? Through circumstances, situations, and other influences in our life, He Himself sets the course for us, most often not the direction WE would like to go, but the direction He has planned and purposed for us. It is so awesome to realize that we are part of the Sovereign Creator's plan for all of mankind.

Isaiah penned the words that continue to be my personal prayer, especially when I feel myself resisting the work of the Master Potter: "Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand." (Isaiah 64:8)

We need not be dismayed when we feel the reworking and transforming work of the Master Potter in our lives but rather rejoice that His purposes are continuing to be accomplished as we remain submitted and pliable in the Master's hands.

My desire, O Lord, is to be used of You, to please You, and to remain submitted to You all the days of my life. I submit to Your masterful work in my life as You mold me and make me after Your will. You are the Potter, and I am the clay . . . have Thine own way, Lord, have Thine own way! Amen!

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Friday, August 28, 2009 at Friday, August 28, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment