November 30 – 1 Corinthians 11:1  

Posted by Jan Ross

Whether or not you are in any type of leadership position, you have the potential to lead people to Christ. You have people who follow you in one way or another. Paul was full of wisdom as he beckoned the people to follow him but only as he followed Christ. Essentially, he was leading people to Christ through his life and the example he set with his daily activities and ministry outreaches.

Interestingly, Paul didn't say "Be ye followers of me" and just leave it there! The words he added bring us to today's thought . . . "Follow me as I follow Christ!"

"Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ." (1 Corinthians 11:1)

We must be careful that our lives (public or private) always point to Christ. We can't afford to let our guard down, to treat our leadership influence lightly or carelessly. It's important to remember that as a leader (and we're all leaders), there are people who look to us to give them direction and guidance, many times without ever asking us to utter a word. In fact, the way we live our lives very often speaks louder than the words we utter. We can have degrees in theology and divinity, we can have certificates from Bible Colleges and Institutes, we can subscribe to every form of Bible correspondence course, have a library full of reference material, but if our lives don't show Christ in our words and deeds, our public and private life, everywhere we go and do not go, then we've missed our objective as disciples of Jesus Christ.

Take some time today and consider those who look up to you, who come to you for answers, who consider you to be a leader whether they realize it or not. Are they following Christ in you? Or, are they just following you? If they are following you, you have failed to accomplish your goal. If they are following Christ in you, you have displayed the attributes of a true disciple of Jesus Christ, one whom God can trust to lead His people to Him.

Father, help me to remember that as Your child and as one whom You have called to lead, that every moment of every day must be focused on You so that I can say in the words of Paul, "Follow me as I follow Christ"! Lord, I submit myself to You again and commit my life to be that of a beacon of light in the darkness of this world. Lord Jesus, shine through me as I follow You! In Jesus' name, by His blood, for His glory, amen and amen!

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Monday, November 30, 2009 at Monday, November 30, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment