November 5 – 2 Corinthians 11:3  

Posted by Jan Ross

"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ." (2 Corinthians 11:3)

The simplicity that is in Christ! That's a profound statement to me as I consider how difficult we make our walk with the Lord. Man's doctrines are enough to choke the life out of some of the strongest Christians.

The simplicity that is in Christ was summed up by Jesus when He was asked which was the greatest commandment: "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind . . . Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. (Matt 22:37-39) The simplicity that is in Christ is summed up in two commandments that cover both our relationship with God and our relationship with each other.

I love this! The Lord covers every one of the commandments in two simple statements. However, if we use those are our guideline for life, we won't have to worry about maintaining a proper relationship with God or with man!

We can be so easily beguiled through the subtlety of the enemy. He has led many to believe that the way to victory is difficult, burdensome, restricting, and weighty. He continually hurls guilt and condemnation at us and we quickly buy into his accusations. He even quotes scripture to us to convince us that we're not saved or we're not walking in the fullness of Christ . . . "All have fallen short of the glory of God!" or "There is none righteous, no not one!" We also deal with the mixture of philosophy and man's doctrines and it is there that we lose sight of the simplicity that is in Christ.

"For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:30) The simplicity that is in Christ!

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." (Romans 10:9) The simplicity that is in Christ!

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." (James 4:7) The simplicity that is in Christ!

"He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation." (Psalm 91:15-16) The simplicity that is in Christ!

Listen to the words of Truth today . . . don't let your mind be "corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ!"

Love Him, obey Him, and live for Him-it's that simple!

Father, I confess that I get weighed down with things concerning You that separate me from You rather than draw me toward You. Lord, the subtlety of the enemy is real . . . I need discernment. I need to focus on You, devoting my every waking hour to my pursuit of You in simplicity. Father, teach me how to love You, obey You, and live You a life devoted and consecrated to You. Break the chains that hold me, Lord, and set me free to serve You to the fullest as I walk in the simplicity that is in Christ. In Jesus' name, for His glory, and by His blood, amen and amen!

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Thursday, November 5, 2009 at Thursday, November 05, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment