June 10 – Psalm 23:6 and 94:18  

Posted by Jan Ross

The Psalmist paints such a beautiful picture of mercy in its application to our lives.

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever"....."When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up." (Psalm 23:6 and 94:18)

God's mercy is manifest in the life of David. Even though he was a "man after God's own heart," David knew the extent of God's mercy; it had everything to do with God and nothing to do with him.

Today's verses also paint a picture of God's character, of His total provision for us in our less-than-perfect state. Psalm 23 shows us that mercy follows us all the days of our lives. As we journey through this life, we all have a tendency to slip, to mess up, to fall short. But as Psalm 94:18 points out, when we fall, His mercy is there –it follows us and holds us up!

No matter what the circumstances, no matter what the cause, if we are pursuing God's will for our lives, His mercy will follow us all the days of our lives so when we do slip, it will hold us up!

Father, Your Mercy is unsearchable, yet such a treasured gift! There are so many times I fall short of your glory, so many times my foot slips on my path toward You. Yet, Your Mercy is there to hold me up and set me back on my journey. Thank you for showing me Mercy when I deserve it the least, and thank You for reminding me that Mercy has everything to do with You, nothing whatsoever to do with me, what I do, where I go, or who I am, for I am nothing—absolutely nothing without You! Amen!

"For thy mercy is great above the heavens: and thy truth reacheth unto the clouds. Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens: and thy glory above all the earth; That thy beloved may be delivered: save with thy right hand, and answer me." (Psalm 108:4-6)

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Thursday, June 10, 2010 at Thursday, June 10, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment