February 28 – Psalm 119:114  

Posted by Jan Ross

"Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word."
(Psalm 119:114)

Hope . . . a desire of some good, accompanied with an expectation of obtaining it, or a belief that it is obtainable; an expectation of something that is thought to be desirable; confidence; pleasing expectancy.

Indeed, Webster has much to say about "Hope". In the context of the Word of God, we can see that it is very similar to Faith . . . "expectation of obtaining before actually seeing it manifested".

As we learn to be "hidden" in the Word of God, and use it as our "shield", we will find a level of hope arising within us that we never thought possible! And, with that hope will come the manifestation of our faith . . . the evidence of things unseen and the essence of things "hoped" for! But, the key is using the Word of God to build up our most holy faith in God's ability to shield us, to protect us, to provide for us, to help us . . . and so much more!

Are you depressed or despondent today, treat yourself to David's remedy . . . "Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? "HOPE" thou in God..." (Psalm 42:5).

Father, You are my hiding place and my shield. Help me, Lord, to HOPE in your Word as I work to read more, to study more, and to commit more to my memory! Father, my desire is that your Word becomes a PART of me through daily fellowship with you in it so I will know exactly where my hope lies in times of need! And, when my soul is "disquieted within me," HOPE will rise up and give me the strength to go on. Thank you Lord, for HOPE!

"For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock."
(Psalm 27:5)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at Wednesday, February 27, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment