February 29 – Proverbs 12:2  

Posted by Jan Ross

"A good man obtaineth favour of the LORD: but a man of wicked devices will he condemn."  (Proverbs 12:2)

One cannot be a "good man" on his own. It is only through the mercy and grace of God that mankind could ever be called "good" or find the favor of the Lord. Only those who are covered by the soul-cleansing blood of the Lamb of God can truly find favor in the eyes of God . . . the blood purchased their goodness!

The wicked . . . well, they have their favor from man and from the systems of this world. They may receive the applause of men, the unexplained promotions, the wealth of this world, but they are miserable . . . and they are condemned to die.

"Choose you this day whom ye will serve" . . . will you find favor with God, or will you pursue favor from man? Remember that God's favor is eternal . . . man's is for a moment.

Father, to find favor with God has always been my goal as I have endeavored to be "good". Father forgive me for often taking my life into my own hands and help me to allow You to make me and mold me into a vessel of honor pleasing to You!  Father, grant me Your favor as I learn to be more like You day by day.  Amen!

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. And the people answered and said, God forbid that we should forsake the LORD, to serve other gods" (Joshua 24:15-16)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 at Thursday, February 28, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment