February 5 – Exodus 33:15  

Posted by Jan Ross

"And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence." (Exodus 33:15)

"If your presence will not go with me, don't send me!"

Moses, a man who knew the importance of the presence of God, who found safety and security in the presence of God, who realized there was a price to be paid for the presence of God, was determined not to go forward without the presence of the Lord!

When was the last time we told the Lord, "If your presence doesn't go with me, I won't go"? That's exactly what Moses was saying . . . he was convinced that he didn't want to go anywhere that God wouldn't be with him. He understood just how important God's presence was in accomplishing anything he set his hand to.

The Old Testament word for "presence" means essentially, "the face". It speaks of intimacy, of closeness, of knowing. Moses wanted to see God face-to-face wherever He led him!

The presence of God is precious as we pursue Him or seek Him out. 1 Chronicles 16:11 tells us to "Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually." The word "seek" means to search out in worship and prayer!

Adopt a Moses-like attitude and be stubborn! Let God know you will go nowhere that He doesn't lead, that you want His presence to be with you everywhere you go, in everything you do, at all times! A familiar commercial ad on television tells us not to leave home without a specific credit card . . . adopt the same tenacity when it comes to the presence of God -- Don't leave home without it! In fact, don't do ANYTHING without the presence of God going before you, going with you, and surrounding you! Seek His face and know that His presence is near!

Father I'm so aware that many, many times I go about my daily routine totally oblivious to Your will for me, not having spent the time to seek Your face and invite You presence! Forgive me, Father, because I long to be like Moses . . . I long to know that Your presence is with me wherever I go. And, if it's not, Lord, give me the courage to stay still until I know that You are with me, leading the way! How I long to dwell in Your presence, Lord, knowing that You are with me and that You have prepared the way before me! Father, it is You whom I seek, it is You whom I love, it is Your presence that I need, every hour of every day that I live! In Jesus' name, amen!

"When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek." (Psalm 27:8)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Monday, February 4, 2008 at Monday, February 04, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment