March 6 – Jeremiah 9:23-24  

Posted by Jan Ross

"Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD." (Jeremiah 9:23-24)

It is so easy to get caught up in what wonderful things we do for the Lord . . . how wonderful we are . . . what good Christians we are. One of the biggest stumbling blocks the enemy places before us is "US"! He makes it so easy to pat ourselves on the back and say, "Well Done!" But God's ways are much different . . . He's very plain when He says, "If man is going to glory in anything, let him glory in this -- that he understands Me and knows Me!"

What is it to "know God?" It is to have a relationship with Him wherein you walk with Him, you talk with Him, you trust Him, you learn from Him, He becomes your best friend, you go nowhere without Him! You live with Him moment by moment, learning more of Him as each minute passes. You begin to know His thoughts, to know His ways . . . to know His heart!

Do you "know" God today? Or, are you saved but not in relationship with Him? Make it a priority in your life to get to know Him more day by day until you can say, "I understand Him and know Him" according to today's verse . . . when the object of your boasting turns from you to Him . . . and Him alone!

Dear Father, my heart longs to know You more, to love You more, to walk in right relationship with You! Father, forgive me for being so aware of ME and so NOT aware of You! Help me to see Your face, Your hand, Your leading everywhere I go and in everything I face so I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that I KNOW YOU INTIMATELY! "And He walks with me and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own!" This is my heart's desire . . . to know You in such a way that I feel Your presence with each breath I take! Amen!

"It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God-that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord." (1 Corinthians 1:30-31)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 5, 2008 at Wednesday, March 05, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment