March 5 – Psalm 92:1-2  

Posted by Jan Ross

"It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night,"
(Psalm 92:1-2)

This Psalm was meant to be sung . . . a song of praise to the King of Kings! It is a good thing for us to give thanks to the Lord.

Praising God is good in itself , and . . . it is good for us! It is not only our duty and tribute we pay to the Lord, we are unjust if we withhold it!

Praising God is pleasant and profitable . . . it is work that is its own wages!

Praise is the work of angels and the work of heaven. But consider this . . . the angels were created to praise Him; they are continually in His presence singing praise and glorifying and magnifying Him with songs of worship and exaltation. However, when just one of us begins to praise Him, He stretches out His arms, and clears a path for us to come into His presence. The songs of angels suddenly fade into the background while His complete attention is focused on our sacrifice of praise!

The angels may have been created to praise Him; we choose to praise Him and thereby gain His uninterrupted attention as He dwells in the midst of our praise!

Finally, praise will dispel fear. Praise will build faith! Praise will send the enemy aflight! Praise will draw us into His presence!

Begin today to allow His praise to be on your lips continually, a reasonable act of worship and sacrifice to the One Who is most worthy of all!

Father, I praise You . . . You are worthy of all my praise! From the first word uttered in the morning, till the final "good night", I pray Your praise will be on my lips . . . continually! Help me to show your lovingkindness through my expressions of praise to all I meet; teach me to rest in Your faithfulness each night! Put a song of Praise in my heart that I might enjoy Your presence with me wherever I may go! All praise and glory to you, my Lord . . . Amen!

"O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise." (Psalm 51:15)

© Jan Ross 2008
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 4, 2008 at Tuesday, March 04, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment