August 28 – Jeremiah 18:2  

Posted by Jan Ross

"Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause thee to hear my words."  (Jeremiah 18:2)

The Potter's house:  a place where broken vessels are made new . . . a place where the Master Potter works on each vessel individually to refine, to strengthen, to mend, to reshape, to prepare it to be the beautiful, useful, unique vessel it was created to be.

It is His sovereign right to form our lives as He pleases. "As the clay is in the potter's hand, so are you in my hand." How often do we have a preconceived opinion of the course our lives will take only to have the Master Potter change everything?  Through circumstances, situations, and other influences in our life, He Himself sets the course for us -- most often not the direction WE would like to go, but the direction He has planned and purposed for us.  It is so awesome to realize that we are part of the Sovereign Creator's plan for all of mankind. 

We need not be dismayed when we feel the reworking of the Master Potter in our lives but rather rejoice that His purposes are continuing to be accomplished as we stay submitted and pliable in the Master's hands.

My desire, O Lord, is to be used of You, to please You, and to stay submitted to You all the days of my life. I give my life to You again, I renew my commitment to You again, and I submit to Your masterful work in my life as You mold me and make me after Your will. You are the Potter, and I am the clay . . . have Thine own way, Lord, have Thine own way! Amen!

"Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand."  (Isaiah 64:8)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at Wednesday, August 27, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment