September 30 – John 15:5  

Posted by Jan Ross

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.  (John 15:5)

Do you ever feel that you're "spinning your wheels" as fast as you can go, yet nothing seems to be working right for you? Do you ever feel like you've done everything you know to do, you've followed all the formulae, you've read all the "how-to" books, you've even sought the counsel of those you felt were more knowledgeable, yet your problem still exists?

Perhaps we've neglected the most important thing—to draw our strength from the Vine, "for without Me ye can do nothing!"

Just like a branch that has fallen off a tree will dry up and die within a very short time, so will we if we do not stay "attached" to the vine! We draw our life, our sustenance from the Vine and without Him we are nothing, we can do nothing . . . we are helpless. Life would be easier for us if we would learn the lesson quickly . . . apart from the Vine, we will die!

But, let's look at it another way. Attached to the Vine we can do anything! Philippians 4:13 reminds us, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Without Christ we can do nothing—with Him we can do ALL things! Without Him we will die, with Him we have life and life everlasting!

I'm so thankful for the Vine! I'm thankful that He abides in me! Without Him I can do nothing . . . with Him I can do all things! Lord, teach me to abide – to stay firmly attached to the Vine at all times in every area of my life! Amen!

Father, all too often I attempt to work things out on my when all along You are there waiting for me to just ask! Lord, help me to remember that as long as I draw my strength and nourishment from You, then I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Father, help me stay attached to the Vine in ALL areas of my life for You must be Lord of all, or You're not Lord at all. In the name that is above every name, Jesus Christ my Lord, Amen!

_________________
© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 at Monday, September 29, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment