April 6 – Mark 8:29  

Posted by Jan Ross

"And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ." (Mark 8:29)

Peter had a revelation of who Jesus really was when he exclaimed, "Thou art the Christ."

There is a major movement in the world today to discredit the deity of Jesus Christ. The major news networks, anchormen, reporters, television, radio, literature, and even some churches today have in one way or another communicated to us that He is nothing more a good teacher, a prophet, a historical figure, even a figment of man's imagination. There is only one way to protect yourself from falling prey to this modern-day deception . . . to really KNOW Him yourself!

How do you KNOW Him? The answer is simple: to know Him is to know His Word, for He IS the Word, the living Word! We need to walk with Him IN THE WORD. We need to fellowship with Him IN THE WORD. We need to meet with Him daily IN THE WORD. We need to become satisfied with Him IN THE WORD. We need to find ourselves in Him IN THE WORD. There is no other way. History lessons won't do it, genealogy studies won't do it, theologians can't do it for you. YOU have to have a personal revelation of who He is IN THE WORD!

Schedule some time daily where you can spend quality, intimate time in the WORD. We have an assurance that if we know Him through His WORD that we, too, will be able to exclaim, "Thou art the Christ" the son of the living God.

Father, Your Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Order my steps, Lord, IN YOUR WORD! Show me how to walk . . . IN YOUR WORD. Show me how to talk . . . IN YOUR WORD. Teach me Your ways . . . IN YOUR WORD. Reveal Yourself to me . . . IN YOUR WORD. More than anything, Lord, I pray for a burning desire to know you more than ever before so that when I'm in a situation where I have to choose, I'll not hesitate to speak the revelation from my heart: "Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of the living God is Lord of all!" Amen!

"Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me." (Psalm 119:133)

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Sunday, April 5, 2009 at Sunday, April 05, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment