April 7 – Psalm 150:3-6  

Posted by Jan Ross

"Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp . . . Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD." (Psalm 150:3-6)

Praise Him . . . Praise Him . . . Praise Him! The last psalm goes out with a SHOUT! Praise Him!

Take a few moments and read Psalm 150. The whole psalm is condensed in the words of the very last verse: "Let everything that hath breath, praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord!"

With all that is going on in the world today—wars, rumors of wars, terrorism, disease running rampant, children killing children . . . it sometimes becomes a challenge to keep praise on our lips. But, our focus must be on the Lover of our Souls rather than on the circumstances in the world around us. This old world will one day fade away, but our relationship with the Lord is everlasting. To be eternally with Him is our goal, regardless what tomorrow brings.

As long as we have breath in our bodies, our life's theme should be praise. Is He worthy of our praise? No person, no thing, no anything could be more worthy.

So, as you go about your day, just remember, "Praise Ye the Lord!"

Father, I praise You for who you are, not just for all the wonderful things You have done. There is none like You in all of creation, and no one found as worthy as You of all my praise. Lord, as I look around me, read the news accounts, hear the reports on television, and even see it firsthand in my own family and neighborhood, I still choose to offer up my praise to You, having an assurance that You will never leave me nor forsake me, You have a plan and purpose for my life, You are for me and not against me, You are faithful in all Your ways. You are my Redeemer, my Sanctifier, my Saviour, my Peace, my Joy, and my Comfort and without You I am nothing at all. May my praise be received as an acceptable sacrifice unto You today and every day. I can't say it enough, Father, I PRAISE YOU! Amen!

"Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power. Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness. Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs. Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals. Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD." (Psalm 150:1-6)

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 7, 2009 at Tuesday, April 07, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment